Florida Industrial School for Girls
East Hall (also known as the Florida Industrial School for Girls or McPherson Government Complex) is
an historic one-story redbrick building located at 307 Southeast 26th Terrace in Ocala, Florida, United
States. Designed by architect Frank Parzaile, it was built in 1936 by the Public Works Administration.
On July 28, 1995, it was added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places.
The Florida Industrial School for Girls was a reclamation school for delinquent females in Ocala,
Florida. The state legislature first established the school in 1915, and was opened in 1917. The
industrial school originally accepted girls from nine to seventeen years of age, but later accepted only
those ages twelve to seventeen. No pregnant females were allowed. They were trained in home
economics as well as traditional school curricula. In 1995, it was listed on the National Register of
Florida Industrial School for Girls or East Hall